We hand craft all of our products from the kitchen of our Botanicals Lodge, in rural Leicestershire.
Each product is carefully blended and filled by hand by one of our expert team. This small scale production means that we have complete control over production ensuring the quality, potency and freshness of our products. It also helps us to control our costs in order to keep our product prices affordable and accessible.
We drew up a list of 'must-haves' for our formulations, which include the following:
- To be effective - holistically as well as practically - and always give good results.
- Pleasant to use, (in terms of fragrance and feel). We appreciate that our customers wouldn't want to use a product - no matter how natural - if they didn't like the smell!
- Provide a therapeutic benefit. We add plant extracts and essential oils at a percentage sufficient to give a therapeutic benefit (not just to name them on the label).
- Kind to the environment. All the ingredients we use come from sustainable sources and are fully biodegradable.
- Cruelty free. We are totally against animal testing, and operate a non-animal testing policy for all our ingredients. We support, and are members of Naturewatch.
- Good value. Most of our products contain 100% active ingredients, with little or no water content. You therefore need a much smaller amount than conventional products.